You would be amused at how many definitions these three little letters can be derived as to what they mean. Operators themselves can come up with a multitude of explanations.
A PBX operator is a person that utilizes a company's switchboard in order to answer incoming calls and route them to their appropriate destinations.
Our Job Functions can be as follows:
To provide with accuracy the transfer of all incoming as well as all internal calls in accordance to the objectives, performance and quality standards established by the hotel. This may include:
- Operating the PBX department properly, efficiently and with profitability by answering telephone and wake-up calls.
- Ensure accurate communication of information and guest requests to all relevant departments
- Ensuring Quality Customer Service, policies and procedures are properly understood and followed
- Handle all guest complaints and comments relating to the various departments tactfully & disperse them to the correct supervisors for continued quality service.
- Cooperate with all fellow employees and display teamwork with other departments
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the hotel PBX Supervisors & PBX Manage
- Two years PBX supervisory experience within a hotel environment
- Excellent overall communication skills
- Able to multi-task
- Able to work ALL shifts & night shifts as needed
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Technology savvy with computer and phone systems
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor